KATIE B. COSMETICS - FAUX LASH MASCARA TEST RUN #1

Hello all! Happy Saturday night from Japan!  (^_^)/

Before I begin, I'd like to let ya'll know what I plan to have as future posts during Dec. 22nd thru Jan. 2nd.  I won't be workin' then so I really want to catch up and get the following posts up:

  1. vLog
  2. HerStyler curling wand tutorial
  3. Lipstick/Lipgloss lip swatches from my collection
  4. New, favorite items
  5. Studio Sculpt Foundation and Concealer Review
  6. Updated Skin Regimine
  7. More photos from my vacation back home to CA/NYC
  8. Favorite Things
I will really try to get at least half of these done!

Oh, and I did not intentionally mean to forget my mini HK giveaway from before I left to the States.  I just, honestly, forgot so... I will have a redo shortly!  My apologies!

❤❤❤

Okay, onto the mascara!!!

As most of you know, I am all about the false eyelashes.  The addiction started back in 2002 when I started modeling (and I use that term lightly).  A friend of mine needed me to model some clothes for her and she sent me to the MAC counter where I had my first pair of falsies put on.  Since then, putting falsies on is like second nature.  It's easier for me to do that than to put on mascara but every now and then, I get an itch to try it again.  I had always used Maybelline New York's Great Lash because it didn't weigh or uncurl my non-existent lashes.  Last year, I moved onto Covergirl's Lash Blast.  It is currently the one that I normally use on my lower lashes.

Time for something new?

Hell yes!  Especially after hearing Ms. Joey and Ms. Kimberly Tia rave about it.  I had to see what the fuss was about...

Tha'fuss:  Katie B. Faux Lash Mascara

Description:  Made of 100% natural ingredients; thickens, lengthens, and separates without having the clumpiness of other mascara and without wilting your lashes.

Price:  $13.50 USD

Out the box; it's packaging


Cone-shaped brush


Pre-application.
Look at my pitiful, down-turned lashes! (-_-)


After.
I applied 2 coats.


Whatcha think?

I think it did a pretty good job with both lengthening and thickening.  I don't have a consistent technique on application yet so I am going to practice a bit more with that before I give ya'll a final verdict, but for now I am pretty happy with it because it did NOT weigh down my lashes.  To me, that's the most important - not losing the curl!

I'll be doin' a full-face look using this mascara shortly and will add to this post.  Stay tuned!

XOXO, ~L


9 comments :

  1. That mascara really does make a difference on your lashes L!! I cant wait to see you do a look with it, I ALWAYS looks forward to your FOTDs.

    I had to take a second look at your post title when i saw MASCARA!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry hon my eyelashes turn down as well, it's a pity cause my eyelashes aren't super short either *cries* lol what do you use to curl your eyelashes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie B. faux lash is the BUSINESS!!!! One of my favs!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie B.products are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you knowin how to put on falsies is an understatement! I blink and you're done! LOL!

    But I know that KT RAVES about this stuff!! Always wanted to try it, but never got a hold of it... But it looks like it lives up to it's rep!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been waiting to try this out! i'm so glad u got a hold of it, i can't wait to see the final verdict. i, too, suffer from pitiful lash syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of Katie B. before, man..I'm so behind on the times. forreal.

    Loving your double, triple lids,super big eyes! <33333

    MORE LIKE THIS PLZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks good, so you didnt use an eyelash curler ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey xphoebelinax & ladyish! :)

    I did use an eyelash curler, the Shiseido one. I used it before and after cuz I like my eyelashes straight up since they are usually straight down. LOL

    ReplyDelete