Well, hello there! ❤


Time to dust the cobwebs off of this thang!

Seriously, it's been nearly a year since I've posted anything on my blog and I can honestly say that I am disappointed in myself.  lol  I wonder how many of you are still around and check on me from time-to-time?  If you have, I'd like to thank you for doing so!  (^_^)/


I actually had planned on re-starting this blog with my best-friend, Joey, late January.  It had been since 2011 since we both heavily blogged and we really had intentions to each post once a week.  She was to post her cute nail designs and things she would make and bake while I was going to do the usual makeup, events/photography and life posts.  Unfortunately, life really got in the way for the past 4 years and quite honestly, I think the need to buy makeup wasn't a priority.  We definitely tried new things here and there but it wasn't like 2008-2010 where we would buy all the MAC collections.  lol  It's okay though, my makeup stock pile needed a break.  I was becoming a makeup hoarder!  No bueno! (>_<)

Okay, now let me step back a little bit and kind of give you a quick review of what has been going on in my life since I got back from Japan in 2011.  *Deep breath*  Here we go:


  1. Lived in Costa Mesa, CA from Feb. 2011 to April 2012
  2. Moved to Seal Beach, CA and resided there until Sept. 2014
  3. I went through a lot of personal things over this time frame that I won't get into too much detail but it was probably the most difficult time in my life thus far.  Coming back to the US and trying to find a new job/career was very stressful and it was discouraging to deal with the new processes with applying at a company.
  4. I did a few makeup and photography gigs but it wasn't paying the bills like I needed it to so it was hard to stay motivated.
  5. I picked back-up on my Spoken Word and Poetry in January of 2013 - I ended up working with my old producers and found new ones to help me produce old pieces I had recorded.  This is also when I discovered SoundCloud and opened an account to post my music.  In September of 2013, I did a promo video for one of my pieces and posted it on YouTube.  The plan was to complete an entire video and release an album in early 2014.  Unfortunately, conflicts and lack of funds didn't allow it to happen.  It's been put on hold for now.  I am currently working on getting some things together so I record from home but I need to get out of this creative slump I've been experiencing. (-__-)*
  6. I now reside in Oceanside, CA.
  7. I am back working in the home mortgage industry.  Thankfully, I am able to work from home where I can still be available for my lil man and family  There are times where it is super fruitful and there are times where it is really slow but I am content that I don't have to drive anywhere or officially clock-in.
  8. The goal is to not work for anyone and I'm still trying to figure that out.
  9. Besides personal reasons that made me quiet in the social media realm, I was getting overwhelmed by too much information and often found myself wanting to not know what everyone was doing.  Things were really beginning to feel impersonal for me and I wanted to try and focus on talking and seeing people live.  
  10. I have a new cam and although it's not as diesel as I would like, I am motivated to take more pictures and do some pictorials.
  11. I also have a new GoPro which makes me want to record my life in general.  I just went to Puerto Rico in late October, early November and am planning to go to Hawaii in July! 
  12. I just learned the basics of iMovie and am looking into Final Cut Pro.
  13. Blogging and vlogging - time to get this virtual diary going and some other projects that I have with some of my friends who are also beauty bloggers.  I'm feeling pretty excited and just want to share things that I enjoy.
  14. I am still finding myself and am doing much better now. (^_^)
I think that's it.  Sorry if it wasn't that exciting. lol

Be back soon! 

2 comments :

  1. Lena!! I'm so happy to reconnect with you through our social media playground. ^_^ I look forward to seeing more of you and Joey online!

    ReplyDelete