FIRST LOOK - True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator


Hello! :)

So, about two weeks ago when I was driving around hunting for the Milani Amore Matte Lip Cremes (which were then exclusive to Walgreens), I ended up at CVS determined to not go home empty-handed.  lol  And since I also do the occasional coupon thing, I remembered that I had a $5 off $20 purchase CVS coupon + $3 off any L'Oreal product coupon + $3 of $10 any CVS beauty purchase coupon so it was a perfect time to try out the above-mentioned products.

 They were $12.99 a pop at my local CVS.  My total was $17.32 incl. taxes ($8.66 each).

Back story of my use of the brand - The products I currently have are the L'Oreal Carbon Black Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner, the Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray and the Infallible Pro-Matte Demi-Matte Foundation.  I use the eyeliner and setting spray fairly often.

For these, there are three options - Golden, Rose and Ice.  The product page on the website states the following:

"The ultimate in luminosity. L’OrĂ©al Paris introduces its first powder highlighter specifically crafted to highlight key features or illuminate all-over.  Designed in Golden, Rose, and Ice shades that flatter every skintone from warm to neutral to cool. Golden Illuminator enhances peachy or yellow tones in warm skintones.  Rose Illuminator enhances yellow, peachy, pink or blue tones in neutral skintones.  Ice Illuminator enhances pink or blue tones in cool skintones."

I chose Golden and Rose because of my yellow undertone.  From the swatches below, I could tell that I would use Golden more as a blush or possibly an all over face-dusting and Rose would be used as a highlight.

There is definitely a lot of shimmer and that is already a big no-no in my book because I have big pores.  You can't really tell below but the glitter is larger than usual but flakes off easily.  When using a blush brush, the product picks up nicely but I noticed I had to cake quite a bit on my arm to really see the color (Golden).  It is very subtle and I could tell it would be pretty on perfect skin.

All-in-all, I can't say I am disappointed but it didn't WOW me either.  I will say if you're looking for something super pigmented, you won't find it here.  It will not give you a comparable effect like MAC's MSF Shimmer or Hourglass' Ambient Palette.

I will use this for a future FOTD so you can see what it looks like on but for now, have a look at some of the product photos! :)







What do you think?  Have any of you tried it?

Be back soon. :)

xo, Lena

0 comments :

Post a Comment